Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shuswap Lake!!

For my blog, I decided to talk about one of my favourtie places in the world which is Shuswap Lake. It is located in the interior region of British Columbia in Canada about 4 hours out of Vancouver. My family and I have been going there every summer for about 15 years as we own a cabin on the lake. It is probably one of the most beautiful places to visit and I would recommend it if you have never been to B.C before! I have so many childhood memories growing up there and I am so fortunate to be able to spend my summers on a lake with family and friends. It always gets really hot in the summer and there is always so much to do. One of my favourite things is wakesurfing behind a boat which my brother is really good at. If you've never done it before it's a lot like surfing but instead of using the ocean waves, you surf on the wake of the boat. You start in the water and use a rope as the boat pulls you up, then when you feel comfortable on the wake, you let go of the rope and start surfing! It takes a lot of skill to not have to use the rope and some people can even do tricks such as a 360 on the board. There are plenty of other things to do on the lake such as wakeboarding and tubing which are also tons of fun. In my opinion, the best part about going to Shuswap Lake is just being able to relax and enjoy spending time with my family becasue we all have really busy schedules. It is the one time of year where we can all come together with friends, enjoy the lake, and have a good time together!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time. I haven't traveled far in my day, but I love places like the one you just described, with the family and friends on the lake setting. Nothing really beats those childhood memories though, and I know I have done my share of reflecting since I got here at OSU. It kind makes you wish you could re-live those carefree days again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawship Lake seems like a great place to be! Your family is so fortunate to be able to travel up to Canada every summer. Similarly, my grandparents take my family, aunts, uncles, and cousins to a resort up in Michigan the third week of every June. Spending time with family and leisurely activities, I feel, is a great way to unwind especially since we are all so busy during the rest of the year. I hope you can continue visiting Shawship Lake for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great place to vacation! I love going on vacation and just being able to lay aorund and relax. That seems like the best part to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved places like that. This past year I went to a friends house in Manson, Washington. I spent the week at Lake Chelaen on a boat or swimming. Any place that remotely resembles the wilderness interests me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went intertubing once!
    I fell out of the boat:(
    The lake sounds like it's a lot of fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your experience there is wonderful. I wish I can be there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds nice! A cabin is great! I enjoy tubing and it is one of the highlights when I go boating with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have lived in 4 different country and been all over the world, but the one place I have never been and have always wanted to go to is British Columbia! After reading this I am even more eager to get up there.

    ReplyDelete