Sunday, October 4, 2009

Primary Source 1

I was a little unsure about Buffy the Vampire Slayer when I first heard of it, but now that I've watched the first episode I actually found it to be quite entertaining. I really like the idea of having a girl as the vampire slayer becasue it shows that girls don't always have to be the one in trouble. Girls can be the hero or the powerfull one. A girl with an appearance and character like Buffy, wouldn't seem like a threat to most people at all. She's blonde, little and wears cute tredny clothes you definatly wouldn't think she would be capable of killing someone, let alone a vampire. Buffy also has a sweet, bubbly personality so you wouldn't think she would know anything about killing. I like this idea becasue it proves that even good-looking, nice girls can still be tough and powerful. An important scene in the episode was when Buffy was being followed into the alley by a stranger. We see that she knows she is being followed and hides by standing on top of a bar in the alley. Before this scene I had never seen Buffy's abilities as a vampire slayer but this was important becasue it showed the viewers her strengh and capability. The main theme of the show is that not everything is as it seems which I think makes the show suspensful and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment