Monday, October 5, 2009

Primary Source 2

I have also looked at the second episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and it has given me some good ideas on what I might do for my paper. From watching the first two episodes I have come to the conclusion that people will always have some sort of highschool drama or problem to deal with no matter who you are. I noticed that Buffy always seems to be concerned about being a Vampire Slayer becasue she is worried about how it will affect her school life. In the first episode she denies being a Vampire Slayer when the librarian asks her, becasue she doesn't want to take on that responsibility again. In the second episode when the principle catches Buffy trying to leave the school she is given a lecture about how this could ruin her chances of staying there. He explains to her that if she gets into any mischief again at her new school she'll be kicked out, just like what happened to her at her old school. I can sympathize with Buffy in that not only does she have a huge responsibility in being a Vampire Slayer but she must also deal with everyday highschool problems and rules. I also noticed that when Buffy goes down into Hellmouth to try and save the guy, she tells Angel that she has to save him becasue he is a "potential friend." This shows me that Buffy is concerned about making friends and fitting in, which is just another highschool worry like a lot of people have.

1 comment:

  1. It's weird how in the show fighting vampires doesn't seem to phase Buffy but when it comes to her social life everything has to be perfect. It just goes to show how concerned American youth is with the image they project to others.

    ReplyDelete