Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Location Analysis

For my location analysis I have chosen my tiny, cozy dorm room. I must say that I did an amazing job of redecorationg the place as it was quite ancient and rough-looking to begin with. My room is quite crowded with little space as I have a roomate with about as many clothes as I do. You enter the room and the first thing you see are two, small twin beds with colourful bed covers. Looking to your right you would see a tiny fridge with my cluttered desk consisting of school books, food and my computer. The main focus of the room are the pictures and decorations which cover the walls. This does make the room seem a little smaller but it gives it a nice welcoming and cozy feeling. Some of the decorations on the wall include pictures from home, surfing posters and Ohio State pictures. When friends visit our room they are all quite impressed with how cute the room looks and how comfortable it is. The surfing posters and colourful bed covers give the room a beachy feeling which is really important to me. My hometown is located on the coast of B.C so being around the ocean is something I miss quite a bit which is why it was so important for me to have part of home with me in my room. It gives it a comforting feel and people that come over seem to really enjoy it even if the space is very small. It is important to make your dorm personalizedto fit your interests becasue it is the place where you should feel the most comfortable and at ease. Your dorm is a place to relax and be with friends which is why you should make it feel like a place of your own becasue it really is your home.

3 comments:

  1. Your room seems like the place to be, especially with the way you decorated the place! You should consider being an interior designer? I cannot imagine the small space since I commute from home. However, I am sure you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound very cozy. I have 4 people in my dorm room and it can be a little crampt at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're room sounds really decked out! And I can totally relate with moving away from the coast; my family used to live in San Francisco and it was really weird to come to the middle of Ohio where the closest thing to an Ocean is a murky creek haha but I like Ohio now, I guess you sorta adjust naturally.

    ReplyDelete