Monday, November 23, 2009

This was the first episode of Battlestar Galactica that I have ever watched and I surprisingly found it to be quite interesting. I was a little confused at the beginning but as I kept watching I actually found it quite intriguing. I have always been interested in technology, and when robots will be created which is why I enjoyed watching this episode. Technology is advancing at a fast pace every single year which is why a plot like this show may actually be a possibility someday. I thought the show had a very interesting plot by having a war going on between the humans and the human made robots-the cylons. The robot/human war reminded me a lot of Star Wars because there was also a war going on between robots and humans in this movie but there were differences that made it a unique science fiction show. One part that was quite shocking and really caught my attention was when one of the cylons killed a baby. This scene was disturbing and really showed the audience that the cylons have no emotion or care for what they do at all. It’s crazy to think that something us humans created could be capable of such evil and attack us. This show is interesting because it really makes us think about future technology and that we need to be careful about the robots that are created in the future. I think there should defiantly be a limit on how far artificial intelligence can go.

2 comments:

  1. The cylon killing the baby defiantly got my attention more then any other scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, human technology is progressing really fast and we should be careful in how we progress because of this. I also discussed this on my blog.

    ReplyDelete