Sunday, November 8, 2009

Commonplace Paper Problem

One of the biggest problems I am having with my paper is converting my analytical reserach topic into my commonplace topic. I feel like I am still wrting as though it is my analytical research paper and not my commonplace one. I need to change my style of writing to a more persuasive form instead of being so imformative and descriptive. In my research paper I really focused on a specific scene in the episode of Buffy so it makes it difficult to find a more broad topic from the scene I looked at. I've decided to look at how the role of women in society has changed over the past 50 years. This relates back to Buffy becasue she is a role model for young women and proves that they can have a significant, powerful roles in movies. Women 50 years ago were not looked at in this way at all and never would have any sort of role like Buffy's.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have a good idea for your paper. I would just focus more on women over the past 50 years than Buffy and maybe add Buffy in more later in the paper.

    ReplyDelete